2 x 30 minute SESSIONS every Wednesday TO CHOOSE FROM:
12.15p.m. to 12.45p.m. AND 1.15p.m. to 1.45p.m.
- no need to book
- wear comfortable clothing
- ALL LEVELS WELCOME
- £5 DROP IN (price of a sandwich and a coffee)
- temperature: ‘Room Temperature’ i.e. not hot
- welcome to bring own mat; available to rent .50p
- suitable for people who spend a large part of their day sitting down/get away from your desk folks!
- gentle, effective exercises and simple Yoga postures (no x-rated or advance posturing)
- encompassing mindfulness, conscious breathing and relaxation
BUT WHY??? Take your pick: great mental hygiene reduced stress improved concentration ever growing sense of well being more keenness for life and what it has to offer restored confidence and hope better decision making improved personal productivity better all round mental and physical health improve flexibility and range of motion in tighter joints assist with lengthening of muscles that have become tight/short counter the keyboard slump (gardening, study, cooking, general labour slump) decrease illness and absenteeism improved relationships increase happiness
OUR SIMPLE YOGASANAS (OR POSTURE EXERCISES) ARE NOT BALLISTIC BUT ARE PRACTICED IN A METHODICAL WAY IN A ROOM TEMPERATURE ENVIRONMENT INCORPORATING THE BREATH AND FULL CONCENTRATION.
Yoga Matters has been open on Rue De Funchal in St Helier for over 8 years as a dedicated Bikram Hot Yoga studio but these new/additional classes at our Yoga school are not practiced in heat. Our school is recently refurbished and is an inspiring welcoming space to take ‘time out’ in from your busy working day. Please see website www.yogamattersjersey.uk for loads of information via ‘Learn’ to help anybody embarking on a Yoga journey understand what Yoga is and what ‘Yoga Matters’ values and goals are. You can find teacher profiles/qualifications/41 years combined practice experience there too! and other classes that we offer. We hope to see you ‘out of office’ soon!