Privacy & Data Protection ~ Our Policy:
YOU are the owner of your Personal Data. Personal Data we may collect from you includes your name, email address, address, telephone numbers as well as information you provide in any communications/form filling e.g. medical history. You will have given us all or some of this information whilst registering your interest in our services whether it be electronically, verbally or written and in doing so you are essentially consenting to us processing your information for the following purposes:
- To respond to your queries
- Provide the goods or services that you have requested information on or purchased
- To fulfill any contract with you
- To update you on: administrative matters, changes at our studio, upcoming events or new goods or services that we identify may be of interest to you
- To deliver newsletters online or otherwise
- To keep a record of your relationship with us
Any Personal Data we collect about you will only be used by our staff in house so that we/they can support you and communicate with you. WE DO NOT sell or share your Personal Data with other organizations/third parties so that they can contact you for any marketing activities. We may share your Personal Data if we are obliged to under any piece of legislation (law) OR if the disclosure is necessary for purposes of payments or collection of payments or in order to enforce agreements and/or contracts. We may disclose your information in response to any valid request from a competent government authority e.g. the police/regulatory body in the case of an investigation or any alleged criminal offence.
HOW Information May be Collected About You:
We may automatically collect the following information:
1. When you contact/interact with us directly: This could be if you register for an account/membership, buy a block of class passes, enter a competition, purchase something, complete a form, book a class or otherwise provide us with your Personal Data.
2. When you visit our website: general technical information, including the Internet Protocol (“IP”) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, operating system and platform, Uniform Resource Locators (“URL”) clickstream to, through and from the Website (including date and time), products and/or services you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors. This information can help us personalise the way our website is presented when you visit to make improvements and to ensure we provide the best service and experience for you. Wherever possible we use anonymous information which does not identify individual visitors to our website.
3. Web browser cookie: ‘Cookie’ is a name for a small file, usually letters and numbers, which is downloaded onto your device when you visit a website. They let websites recognise your device so that the site can work more effectively and also gather information about how you use the site. A ‘cookie’ by itself cannot be used to identify you. Our Site uses ‘cookies’ to help our site run effectively and enhance User experience. A User’s web browser places cookies on their hard drive for record-keeping purposes only improving the users experience of our site.
Sensitive Personal Data:
The law recognizes that some categories of Personal Data are more ‘sensitive’. This can include information about a person’s health, race, ethnic origin, political opinions, sex life, sexual orientation or religious beliefs. We may collect information about your state of health/medical history when registering for our classes. We do not request/collect information about any race, ethnic origin, political opinions, sex life, sexual orientation or religious beliefs. It should be noted by users that any comments you make on one of our online user platforms can be read by other users. We urge people not to divulge Sensitive Personal Data on any of our online platforms unless they are comfortable with this information being in the public domain.
Know Your Rights:
Data Protection law gives you rights to help you understand and control how personal data about you is used. This section explains what these rights are and what processes Yoga Matters has in place to help you exercise them. You have the right to be informed about our processing procedures. You have the right to object to some processing, to have some data deleted or corrected and to take some of your data elsewhere. You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for our marketing purposes. You have the right to opt out of any marketing campaign. You have the right to ask us what Personal Data information we hold on you by making a Data Subject Access Request.
For customers and potential customers we will only contact you about our goods and services and how you can purchase them by email if you have voluntarily given us your email address at some point. If at any point you do not wish to receive future marketing emails from us you can click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the relevant communication OR if there isn’t a link you can please email us ‘email@example.com’. Please put the word ‘Revoke’ in the subject/heading and make your request. We will honor your request not to be included in such communications.
Keeping Your Information Safe:
We take our responsibilities in looking after your personal information very seriously. We have implemented appropriate measures to protect any Personal Data we have under our control from improper access. But it should be noted that any transmission of information via the internet is never completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Data sent to us this way, we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to our site. Our website may contain links to other sites: Please note we are not responsible for the content or security or the privacy policies and practices employed by other sites/ organisations.
When you use this website
Yoga Matters do not set or use any tracking components and therefore only collects that data that you complete using our online forms.
Duration of Holding Information
We will only keep it as long as is reasonable and necessary for the provision of information/services or which may be a period to fulfill local statutory obligations only and/or for the duration of a relationship with a practitioner.
If you’re not happy with any aspect of how we process your personal data, please let us know so that we can make things right. If you’re not satisfied with our response, you can make a complaint to the Office of the Information Commissioner.
Governing Legislation: Data Protection (Jersey) Law 2018
Thank you for reading
Darren & Patricia Thomas